Thursday, June 28, 2007

Why 100 Days?

It all starts with patience and consistency, today is day 100 from my next running challenge. I plan on running the Man Against Horse 50 mile trail run in Prescott, Arizona, on October 6, 2007. ( www.managainsthorse.com ) From now til October 6th, I will be sharing my workouts, philosophies, and thoughts on what it takes to prepare for this run. The method of training that I use is called "Kaizen". Kaizen is a Japanese expression for constant small improvements. In other words, the Japanese see value in a progran that makes a 1% improvement 100 times, resulting in more than a 100% improvement (due to the compounding effect). The American way is to make a one-time change of 100%, so now tell me which do you think has the greater chance for success? I will show you.

No comments: