Sunday, October 14, 2007

Kaizen Works!!!

If you read my first post on June 28, I talked about Kaizen if you dont remember, let me remind you:

The method of training that I use is called "Kaizen". Kaizen is a Japanese expression for constant small improvements. In other words, the Japanese see value in a progran that makes a 1% improvement 100 times, resulting in more than a 100% improvement (due to the compounding effect). The American way is to make a one-time change of 100%, so now tell me which do you think has the greater chance for success?

What got me through the Man Against Horse 50-mile trail run was Kaizen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kaizen does work!!! I am currently enrolled in a very challenging teacher education program. For a while I was feeling so overwhelmed by everything I had to do that I was unable to function. But after reading the book, "One Small Step Can Change Your Life," by Robert Maurer (which explains the Kaizen technique), I was finally able to keep myself out of "fight or flight mode" by breaking my homework down into small manageable chunks.