Monday, August 13, 2007

Long Run # 7 Visit to Yuma

I had to be out of town this weekend, so we skipped our Sunday run. I was in my hometown of Yuma. I usually go to Yuma on average twice a year. On my way I did the usual, and stopped at Dateland, exit 67 on I-8. In Dateland they have the World's famous Date Shakes, damn they are good (www.dateland.com). After I finished my shake, I started craving Mr. G's, If you know anybody from Yuma and you mention Mr. G's you will start a long conversation. Mr. G's Mexican food has been around since 1947, its the best food in Yuma. You guessed it, as soon as I arrived I placed an order of a dozen rolled tacos, and a bean and cheese burrito, and thats what I had for lunch (www.mrgsdrive-in.com) My high school, Yuma High (home of the Criminals)is near Mr. G's, I remember somedays during the week at my high school we would have Mr. G's combos.

There is something about Yuma, that always seems to get my allergies going, and ends up making me sick. It has happened my last 3 visits, they also happen to be the last times I have gotten sick. So that is what happened I drove back today early in the morning with a box of tissues, a bad case of the sneezes, and I feel a fever coming. I'm usually one who doesn't take any medicine, but if I had a choice I think I would choose some more Mr. G's as my medicine.

No comments: