Monday, September 3, 2007

Crazy Cravings

"When you train hard, you must eat like a Champion"

Usually when I run alot, I begin to get these odd cravings. A little over a year after a 20 mile run, I got this craving for potatos. So I bought a 5 lb bucket of potato salad and ate it all in about 3 days, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, you name it, it was potato salad. That means I had a years worth of potato salad in about 3 days.
This time around, for some reason my craving was grilled liver. I can cook, but I prefer grilling. I think liver taste good when it is grilled, and as you can imagine, I bought 5 lbs of liver at $6.00, good for about 2 weeks. My iron intake is great.
It reminds me of the time my friend Trish asked me how my iron intake was. I told her, "Well growing up in a Mexican family, and having to eat beans on average two serving per day, for the first 18 years of my life. I think I don't need to worry about my iron intake for the next 20 years".

No comments: