Thursday, July 5, 2007

Competitive Eating Cannot be a Sport

I was only able to see the last minute of the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest. That was the nastiest shit I have ever seen. Kobayashi eating his vomit, and Chestnut being able to eat 66 hot dogs. As I was watching this I was wondering how many calories they were taking in, and if they puke it all out after the competition. If they do, do they puke for like 5 minutes straight, 66 is alot of hot dogs.

I was able to find how many calories a Nathan hot dog has. The breakdown is 308 calories per hot dog times 66 hot dogs gives you 20,328 calories. Dammmmn!! most people eat that much in 7-10 days, Nicole Richie would eat that in a month, sometimes two. OF those 20,328 calories, 13% comes from protein (2,640 kcal) 28.6% comes from Carbohydrates (5,808 kcal) and 58.4% comes from fat (11,880 kcal). 11,880 calories of fat is almost like eating 6.5 cups of lard. Why don't we just start a lard eating competition.

No comments: